Installation and Deinstallation
To make the works go smooth, it is recommended to perform product setting prior to installation works (see Paragraph 5).
For tanks which shape corresponds with the figure (Figure 2), installation should be carried out in accordance with Appendix E.
1) Put the gasket included into the product delivery set on the measuring part of the product (Figure 24).
2) Install the product into the tank.
3) Fix the product to the tank by bolts, having preliminary installed the washer and the spring washer as shown in the figures (Figure 14, Figure 15). The bolts should be tightened by a spanner.
4) When the product is installed on plastic tanks with wall thickness over 3mm, the product must be fixed by a self-tapper included into the delivery set. Self-tapper tightening strength should be such that the rubber washers put on the self-tapping screws are not crumpled or burst.
5) When installing the Product with the measuring part length over 1.5 m into fuel tanks of special vehicles (e.g. petrol tankers, diesel locomotives it is necessary to ensure that there are no fuel wave shocks during sharp acceleration and breaking operation of the vehicle. For this purpose, it is recommended to install the products near wave suppressing partitions, or the measuring part of the LLS fuel level sensor should be reinforced in one of the following ways: with steel pins (Figure 16, Figure 17); collars or steel rods (Figure 18, Figure 19), or installed onto the flange.
IMPORTANT! Strengthening the measuring part of the LLS fuel level sensors is only allowed for removable filler caps. Refer to the Appendices K, L for the detailed description of methods for strengthening the measuring part of the LLS fuel level sensors.
Installing BIS 20240 (for LLS 20230)
1) Fix BIS 20240 on selected surface by self-tapping screws or bolts according to installation dimensions (Figure 35, Appendix F).
2) Make an electric connection of BIS 20240 to the vehicle body or to the Ground bus terminal (with earthed element of stationary fuel storage structure) with a copper wire with the cross-section of at least 4 mm2.
The electrical resistance of the conductor between the body of BIS 20240 and the body of the vehicle or Ground bus terminal should not exceed 0.1 Ohm.
The Products must be connected to an external device as per the connection diagrams (see Appendix G).
Two LLS 20230 fuel level sensors can be connected to one BIS 20240 spark protection unit with the KTZ splitter and two KTZ cables (Figure 41), provided that BIS 20240 voltage is at least 12 V (when connecting BIS 20240 to the on-board power supply, FTC AVL unit, or third-party AVL unit).
When connecting the BIS 20240 spark protection unit to the battery, the BR15 galvanic insulation unit (Figure 42) must be used.
Requirements for Cable Laying
1) For installation, use the cables produced by Omnicomm - either those included into the delivery set or those purchased separately.
2) For connection of the LLS 20230 fuel level sensor and the BIS 20240 spark protection unit on Zener diodes, use only KTZ-xx cable (xx stands for the cable length determined at the time of purchase request).
Use of self-made cables or KTZ cable cutting or extension is FORBIDDEN.
3) To connect the BIS 20240 spark protection unit on Zener diodes to an external device, use a crinkled cable produced by Omnicomm (to be purchased separately). If needed, the cable connecting with the external device can be either extended or cut.
4) Ensure that cable laying routes are free of heated parts and units of the vehicle to avoid cable insulation fusing.
5) To prevent cable damage, the cable should be routed in a pipe or duct.
6) Ensure that cable laying routes are free of heated parts and units of the vehicle to avoid cable insulation fusing.
GND supply circuit (white wire) of BIS 20240 must be connected to the vehicle body only.
Installing the Fuse
1) The fuse is intended to protect on-board network of the vehicle against short circuit caused by a breakdown in product wiring.
2) Connect the fuse holder to the feeding cable of the product in the immediate vicinity of the power circuit of the vehicle.
3) Install the fuse into the fuse holder.
4) When installing the LLS 20230 fuel level sensor with BIS 20240, the fuse is installed in the power circuit of BIS 20240.