Fuel Tank Preparation
1. Select the location for Omnicomm LLS sensor installation, taking into account the following requirements:
- The installation location should be as close to the geometric center as possible and be placed at the deepest level of the tank:
- When installed, the sensor should not be in contact with reinforcement ribs and existing equipment inside the tank
- Installing two sensors in one fuel tank allows to significantly reduce the influence of the vehicle inclination angle on the fuel level:
- Steam out the tank to comply with safety regulations
- Drill out the central bore using a bimetal hole saw ø35 mm
- Drill out four mounting holes according to the diagram:
The mounting hole diameter depends on the material of the tank:
- ø 4 mm – for metal tanks with wall thickness over 3 mm (cut M5 thread)
- ø 7 mm – for plastic and metal tanks with wall thickness up to 3 mm (for rivets)
- ø 4 mm – for plastic tanks with wall thickness over 3 mm
- Measure the depth of the tank. Cut the sensor measuring probe so that its length is 20mm less than the depth of the tank.
- If the cutting line is close to the central partition, move the partition in such a way that when cutting it the partition stays inside the sensor's measuring part.
- Cut the sensor's measuring part. The cutting line should be perpendicular to the sensor's longitudinal axle.