Omnicomm LLS 5 Sensor Setting
“Automatic ajustment” - turn on for automatic adjustment of measurements in case of a change in the permittivity of the fuel. Upon activation of auto-tuning, changes of level caused by thermal expansion of fuel will be displayed, i.e. the level will be shown considering the current temperature. The setting is only available after sensor calibration.
To adjust automatically Omnicomm LLS 5 sensor calibration values, full fuelling of the tank is required when operating the vehicle. When the tank is to be fully fueled, the max length of the measuring part that is not emerged into the fuel shall not exceed 10 cm from the sensor's flange. When operaing a vehicle with insufficient fuel level in the tank, auto-tuning cannot be performed.
“Network address” (1 to 254) – set the network address for the Omnicomm LLS fuel level sensor. When several sensors are connected to one external device, they should have unique network addresses.
“Min Level” (0 to 4095) – select the minimum reading for the LLS fuel level sensor. Default value – 0.
“Max Level” (1 to 4095) – select the maximum reading for the LLS fuel level sensor. Default value – 4095.
“Filtering” – set the output signal filtration parameters as follows:
- “None”– no filtration is performed. This option is used when the filtration is carried out by an external device.
- “Minimum”– this filtration is used in stationary fuel storages and non-mobile
- “Medium”– this filtration is used when the vehicle operates under normal conditions
- “Maximum”– this filtration is used when the vehicle operates in severe conditions
“Baud rate” – select the rate of data exchange with external devices. Default value –19,200 bit/s.
“Automatic data output” – select:
- “Off” – no automatic data output (without request) is performed
- “On” – automatic binary data output
- “Data output interval” (1 to 255 seconds) – set the automatic data output interval
The automatic data output mode may be used with no more than one Omnicomm LLS 5 sensor connected to one interface.
“Heavy exploitation conditions” - turn on for additional filtering of measurement values that takes into account severe operating conditions.
“Parameters initialization” - displays the correctness of calibration results. Options:
- “Yes” - the calibration results are correct
- “No” - a recalibration of the sensor is required