Fuel Tank Preparation
1. Select the location for Omnicomm LLS-Ex 5 sensor installation subject to the following requirements:
- Installation location should be as close as possible to the geometric center and placed at the deepest level of the tank:
- When installed, the sensor should not be in contact with reinforcement ribs and auxiliary equipment inside the tank
- Installation of two sensors in one fuel tank allows for significant reduction of the fuel level dependence on the vehicle inclination angle:
2. Steam out the tank to ensure compliance with the safety rules
3. Drill out the central bore by bimetal core drill ø35 mm
4. Drill out four mounting holes according to the diagram:
The mounting hole diameter depends on the tank material:
- ø 4 mm – for metal tanks with wall thickness over 3 mm (cut M5 thread)
- ø 7 mm – for plastic and metal tanks with wall thickness up to 3 mm (for rivets)
- ø 4 mm – for plastic tanks with wall thickness over 3 mm
- Measure the tank depth. The sensor measuring part should be 20 mm less than the tank depth.
- Install the central partition into the sensor measuring part at the depth of 1 cm.