Perform the calibration in the fuel, in which the Omnicomm LLS-Ex 5 fuel level sensor will operate.
- Fill the measuring container with fuel
- Immerse the Omnicomm LLS-Ex 5 sensor in the fuel to the full length of the measuring probe
- Wait for the green “Stabilized” indicator to appear.
Press “Full” to set the value corresponding to a full tank
- Take the Omnicomm LLS-Ex 5 sensor out of the container and allow the fuel to flow down the measuring piece for 1 minute. Press “Empty” to set the value corresponding to an empty tank
- Press the “Record into device” button
Omnicomm LLS-Ex 5 Sensor Settings
“Automatic adjustment” - enable to automatically correct the measurements when the dielectric constant of the fuel changes. The setting is available only after the sensor has been calibrated.
“Network address” (1 to 254) – set the network address for the Omnicomm LLS fuel level sensor. When several sensors are connected to one external device, they should have unique network addresses.
“Min level” (0 to 4095) – select the minimum reading for the Omnicomm LLS-Ex 5 fuel level sensor. Default value – 0.
“Max level” (1 to 4095) – select the maximum reading for the Omnicomm LLS-Ex 5 fuel level sensor. Default value – 4095.
“Filtering” – set the output signal filtration parameters:
- “No”– no filtration. This option is used when the filtration is carried out by an external device.
- “Minimum”– filtration is used when the device is installed in stationary fuel storages and non-mobile machinery
- “Medium”– filtration is used when the vehicle operates under normal road conditions
- “Maximum”– filtration is used when the vehicle operates under harsh road conditions
“Automatic data output” – select:
- “Disabled” – no independent data output (without request) is performed
- “Enabled” – independent binary data output
- “Data output interval” (1 to 255 seconds) – set the automatic data output interval
The automatic data output mode may be used only with maximum one Omnicomm LLS 5 sensor connected to one interface.
“Heavy exploitation conditions” mode - switch on to enable additional filtration of measurement values taking into account the rough working conditions.
“Parameters initialization” - displays the accuracy of the calibration results. Possible options:
- “Yes” - the calibration results are correct
- “No” - sensor recalibration is required
“Baud rate” – select the rate for data exchange with external devices. Default value –19,200 bit/s.