Preparation to installation on a fuel tank
1. Select a place for the sensor installation, taking in account the following:
A manner of sensor installation shall depend on the tank geometry, for reference please see the diagram:
Installation of the sensor in such manner ensures independence of the fuel level from the inclination of a vehicle. In cases, when it is impossible to install the sensor in the specified areas, the sensor installation place must be as close to them as possible.
Installation of two sensors in a fuel tank can significantly reduce dependence of the fuel level from the angle of inclination of vehicle:
2. To ensure the safety requirements are met, perform the tank ventilate.
3. Drill the center hole and four attachment holes.
- Cut the sensor probe, its length must be to 20 mm shorter than the tank depth.
- Fill the insulation cap with a drop of oil-and-petrol resistant nonconductivecompound and mount it to the sensor edge where the probe is cut.