Fuel Dispensing, Tanking and Draining from Tank
- Select a refueler
- Select a period of time for report generation
- Press button “Add report” and select “Fuel dispensing, tanking and draining”
In the program window fuel tanker report will be displayed:
Report is provided with a feature allowing to sort the list by operation, start and end time of operation.
The report contains the following general information:
- Initial volume, (l) is the volume of fuel in the tank at the start of the selected period
- Final volume, (l) is the volume of fuel in the tank at the end of select period
- Increase of dispensing volume over tanking volume, (l) or potential draining, (l) is the difference between readings of LLS Fuel level sensor and counter is calculated by the formula:
“Difference between readings” = “Initial volume” - “Final volume” + “Volume of tanking” – “Volume of draining” - “Volume of dispensing”.
If the value “Difference between readings” is less than zero, the parameter “Excess of dispensing volume over tanking volume, l”.
If value “Difference between readings” is less than one of maximum values: “Fuel draining threshold”, “Refueling threshold”, “1% of fuel tank volume” or “20 liters”, Omnicomm Online assumes “Increase of dispensing volume over tanking volume, (l)” to be equal to zero.
If “Difference between readings” is over or equal to zero, Omnicomm Online renames the parameter and displays “Potential draining, l”.
Total dispensing volume, (l) - total volume of fuel dispensed during the period
Total tanking volume, (l) - total volume of fuel filled into the tank during the period
Total draining volume, (l) - total volume of all drains during the period
To set up report press right mouse button and select “Report settings”:
There is a feature allowing to apply color indication of fuel draining/tanking/dispensing. To turn on color indication, select “Select operations with color”. The following color designations are used in the report:
- White background of line means fuel tanking
- Pink background is for fuel draining
- Blue background of line means dispensing, draining+dispensing; tanking+dispensing; start of draining/tanking; end of draining/tanking
If it is required to display the information only for one day select “Display ‘For one day only’”.
Dispensing display can be grouped. One group of dispensing includes all dispensing which took place during a time period specified in the VH profile. The group may include only one dispense, if no dispensing took place after this one.
According to the LLS sensors readings for a group of dispensing an initial (the volume of the first dispensing in a group) and end value of fuel volume in the tank (the volume of the last dispensing in a group) are recorded.
Comparison of cumulative volume of all dispensing in a group with change of volume in the tank is performed. If values are different by a value which greater than the allowed value, an additional draining or refueling performed during dispenses are recorded:
- Decrease of volume in the tank is greater than cumulate value of all dispensing, additional draining of fuel is recorded (e.g. performed through lid and access holes in the tank)
- Decrease of volume in the tank is less than total volume of all dispensing, an additional tank refueling is registered (e.g. if fueling operator “twists” dispensing counter to make it correspond to paper fuel ticket and, for example, at the same time inserts fueling nozzle to the hatch of their own tank)
If it is necessary to analyze fuel movement and detect stealing and manipulations, it is recommended to group together the dispensing groups for them to be displayed in the report as one line. If it is necessary to examine all dispensing performed from fuel tanker, groups of dispensing can be ungrouped and only one dispensing will be displayed in the line, and the size of table will increase.
To switch on grouping select “Group dispensing”.
Apply settings by pressing “Save”.
This report table shows the following information:
- “Operation“ includes operations performed with fuel in the tank:
“Tanking” is fuel filling to the tank
“Draining” is fuel draining from the tank
“Dispensing” is fuel dispensing through fuel nozzle
“Dispensing + Draining” is simultaneous operation of dispensing fuel through the fuel nozzle and its draining from the tank
“Tanking + Dispensing” is simultaneous operation of tanking of fuel into the tank and dispensing of fuel through the fuel nozzle
- “Start” is a date and time of an operation
- “End” is a date and time of the operation end
- “Initial volume” is a volume of fuel in the tank at the moment of the operation start
- “Dispensing, (l)” is a volume of dispensed fuel upon fulfillment of the “Dispensing” operation
- or “Refueling + dispensing”
- “Draining”, (l) is a volume of drained fuel when performing “Draining” or “Dispensing + Draining” operation
- “Refueling, (l)” is a volume of fuel filled to the tank
- “Address” is an address of dispensing. It is displayed only for group fuel dispensing
In the “Address Display Settings” section, select:
- Display the address - turn on to display the address of the current vehicle location
- All - turn on to display the complete vehicle address
- Abbreviations - turn on to abbreviate address parameters (such as st., ave.)
Select the parameters to display in the address:
- Zip code