Stationary tank with four fuel level sensors
In this case, we look at monitoring fuel volume in a stationary tank when several fuel level sensors are installed. The Omnicomm ICON display is used to monitor the remaining fuel in the container.
When used only with the Omnicomm LLS fuel level sensors
When used together with a terminal
If the fuel volume goes below the threshold value, the amount of remaining fuel will be highlighted in red and a sound notification will ring.
- Omnicomm LLS 5 fuel level sensors
- Omnicomm ICON Display
- On-board terminal
Connection to the Omnicomm LLS fuel level sensors
Connection to the terminal
The diagram example of equipment connection is given for the Omnicomm Optim terminal. To connect to an Omnicomm terminal of a different model, see diagrams in the Connection section.
Several Omnicomm LLS fuel level sensors can be connected side-by-side via the RS-485 interface.
The configuration of the Omnicomm LLS 5 fuel level sensor is performed according to the sensor's user manual.
ICON display configuration when used only with the Omnicomm LLS fuel level sensors
Omnicomm ICON display supports up to 4 fuel tanks. The maximum number of Omnicomm LLS fuel level sensors is 4.
ICON display configuration when used together with a terminal
Run Omnicomm Configurator.
Select equipment – Indicator.
Add the parameters “Tank 1”, “Tank 2”, “Tank 3”, “Tank 4”, “Total in tanks” to the screen.
When adding the parameters, specify the following values:
- Units of measurement – units of measurement for the parameter. Select the units of measurement from the list or add your own by selecting “Other”. Enter the unit of measurement in the “Unit name” field
- Measurement accuracy – select the number of digits after decimal point to display
- Minimum threshold – enter the minimum value of the measured parameter
- Maximum threshold – enter the maximum value of the measured parameter
- Sound notification of exceeding thresholds - tick the box if a sound notification is needed when the value is below the minimum threshold or when the maximum threshold is exceeded
Configure the parameter display on screen as shown in the figure:
Press the “Save” button.
Run Omnicomm Configurator.
Select equipment – Terminal.
In the “Settings” tab select the “ICON” section from the list.
“ICON” – check the box to display the data from the terminal on the Omnicomm ICON display
- “Network address” – select the display network address. Possible values: from 7 to 254
- “Select the time zone” - check the box to select your time zone relative to UTC. The time zone value is used when an automatic registration of time zones is not required
“Time zone” – select the time zone
- “Sound notification” - check the box to enable sound notifications when the terminal registers a new event, as specified during the terminal's setup