The Omnicomm ICON display allows you to control a wide range of construction equipment, such as the position of the dozer blade or tractor attachments, or the speed of the cement mixer. In this case, let's look at the monitoring of the position of a dump truck body and the rotations of a cement mixer truck.
The dump truck body position shown on the display:
The rotations of a cement mixer truck shown on the display:
- Omnicomm terminal
- Omnicomm ICON Display
The diagram example of equipment connection is given for the Omnicomm Profi terminal. To connect to an Omnicomm terminal of a different model, see diagrams in the Connection section.
Omnicomm Terminal configuration
Run Omnicomm Configurator.
Select equipment – Terminal.
In the “Settings” tab select the “ICON” section from the list.
“ICON” – check the box to display the data from the terminal on the Omnicomm ICON display
- “Network address” – select the display network address. Possible values: from 7 to 254
- “Select the time zone” - check the box to select your time zone relative to UTC. The time zone value is used when an automatic registration of time zones is not required
“Time zone” – select the time zone
- “Sound notification” - check the box to enable sound notifications when the terminal registers a new event, as specified during the terminal's setup
In the “Universal Inputs” section:
- • Universal input configuration when connecting to a body tilt sensor:
“Universal input No. 1” – select “Enabled”.
“Operating mode” – select “Direct-current”.
“ON voltage threshold” – set the value of voltage threshold after which the terminal will register truck body lifting.
“Pull-up resistor” – select “Enabled” when working with “open collector”-type sensors or with dry contact sensors.
“Input signal inversion” – set “Enabled” for sensors with default open contacts or for contacts which close after the truck body is lifted.
“SMS sending upon triggering” – select “Enabled” to send an SMS when the truck body is lifted.
“Equipment name” – enter the monitored parameter name. For example, Body.
- Universal input configuration when connecting to a cement mixer motor:
“Universal input” – select “Enabled”.
“Operating mode” – select “Pulse”.
“Equipment name” – enter the monitored parameter name.
“Pull-up resistor” – select “Enabled” when working with “open collector”-type sensors or contact sensors.
“Coefficient of pulse input calibration” – enter the calibration factor for converting the number of pulses to the determined physical quantity.
Omnicomm ICON display configuration
Run Omnicomm Configurator.
Select equipment – Indicator.
Add the parameters “UI 1”, “Engine hours”, “Mileage” to the screen.
When adding the parameters, specify the following values:
- Units of measurement – units of measurement for the parameter. Select the units of measurement from the list or add your own by selecting “Other”. Enter the unit of measurement in the “Unit name” field
- Measurement accuracy – select the number of digits after decimal point to display
- Minimum threshold – enter the minimum value of the measured parameter
- Maximum threshold – enter the maximum value of the measured parameter
- Sound notification of exceeding thresholds - tick the box if a sound notification is needed when the value is below the minimum threshold or when the maximum threshold is exceeded
Configure the parameter display on screen as shown in the figure:
Press the “Save” button.