Calibration of the fuel tank is necessary to verify conformity of the color code issued by the Omnicomm LLS 4 sensor to the fuel volume in the particular fuel tank.
Calibration of the fuel tank is the fuel tank filling up – from empty to full, with certain filling interval, and recording the Omnicomm LLS 4 sensor readings in the calibration table.
A container may be calibrated by draining.
Calibration of a container with several Omnicomm LLS 4 sensors will be similar to calibration with one sensor. Before the calibration, add the necessary quantity of sensors and specify the network addresses. Calibration is performed for all sensors at the same time. Connect several sensors to PC or tablet using a KTZ splitter.
Calibration of the container with one Omnicomm LLS 4 sensor:
1. Empty the fuel tank
2. Connect the sensor to PC or tablet according to the diagram in the Setting section
3. Launch Omnicomm Configurator on PC or tablet. Select “Container calibration” operating mode
4. Set the flow interval in liters
Perform refueling by a measuring container or under control of a fluid flowmeter with predefined interval. The container should have metrological calibration test certificate.
5. Press the “Start/continue calibration” button
6. Fill in the fuel volume equal to the flow interval
7. Press “Add line”
The filling volume equal to the predefined flow interval will be displayed in the “Liters” column.
The value equal to the filling volume will be displayed in the “Sensor” column.
8. Press “Add line”
9. Repeat items 6, 7 and 8 according to the number of control points. The minimum recommended number of control points – 20
10. Press “Finish calibration” button
11. Save the calibration table in the calibration file (.ctb), Omnicomm Online (.xml) file in the Terminal or Indicator, by pressing the “Export” button
When performing the calibration table export to the Omnicomm Online (.xml) file, the “Export” window will open. Specify the Omnicomm LLS sensor number to display in Omnicomm Online.