Installation and Connection
When installing the fuel level sensor onto the plastic fuel tank it is important to provide a secure electrical connection between the sensor's body and the frame of the vehicle. If this condition isn't met, it can lead to sensor malfunction caused by static electricity.
1. Put the vendor furnished mounting point gasket on the Omnicomm LLS sensor measuring piece
2. Put the Omnicomm LLS sensor into the tank and fix:
- when fixing with rivets, use a rivet driver
- when bolting, put on a seal (per bolt), a spacer and a spring washer
- when fixing to plastic tanks with wall thickness over 3 mm, use vendor furnished self-tapping screws and a seal (per self-tapping screw)
3. Connect the Omnicomm LLS sensors to an external device according to the diagram:
Omnicomm LLS 4:
Functions of mounting cable wires
|Name of signal
4. Connect the fuse holder to the LLS sensor power cable (brown wire) in close vicinity to the vehicle power supply circuit
5. Install the fuse in the fuse holder
6. If necessary, seal the bolt (self-tapping screw) and the connection
Several Omnicomm LLS 4 sensors will be connected side-by-side via the RS-485 interface.