Installation and Connection
When installing the fuel level sensor onto the plastic fuel tank it is important to provide a secure electrical connection between the sensor's body and the frame of the vehicle. If this condition isn't met, it can lead to sensor malfunction caused by static electricity.
For installation onto cylindrical fuel tanks with the diameter 420...710 mm follow the instructions in the section Fuel level sensor installation recommendations for cylindrical fuel tanks.
1. Put the mounting point gasket (included in the kit) on the measuring probe of the Omnicomm LLS sensor
2. Put the Omnicomm LLS sensor into the tank and secure it:
- when securing with rivets, use a riveter
- when securing with bolts, first put a seal (one on each bolt), a spacer and a spring washer
- when securing onto a plastic tank with wall thickness of more than 3 mm, use the self-tapping screws and a seal (one on each self-tapping screw), included in the kit
3. Connect the Omnicomm LLS sensors to an external device as shown in the diagram:
Functions of the mounting cable wires
|Name of signal||Wire Color|
4. Connect the fuse holder to the LLS sensor power cable (brown wire) in close vicinity to the vehicle power supply circuit
5. Install the fuse in the fuse holder
6. If necessary, seal the bolt (self-tapping screw) and the connection. Multiple Omnicomm LLS 5 sensors must be connected side-by-side via the RS-485 interface.