Perform the calibration in the fuel, in which the Omnicomm LLS-Ex 5 fuel level sensor will operate.
- Fill the measuring container with fuel
- Immerse the Omnicomm LLS-Ex 5 sensor in the fuel to the full length of the measuring probe
- Wait for the green “Stabilized” indicator to appear.
Press “Full” to set the value corresponding to a full tank
- Take the Omnicomm LLS-Ex 5 sensor out of the container and allow the fuel to flow down the measuring piece for 1 minute. Press “Empty” to set the value corresponding to an empty tank
- Press the “Record into device” button
Omnicomm LLS-Ex 5 Sensor Settings
“Automatic adjustment” - enable to automatically correct the measurements when the dielectric constant of the fuel changes. The setting is available only after the sensor has been calibrated.
“Network address” (1 to 254) – set the network address for the Omnicomm LLS fuel level sensor. When several sensors are connected to one external device, they should have unique network addresses.
“Min level” (0 to 4095) – select the minimum reading for the Omnicomm LLS-Ex 5 fuel level sensor. Default value – 0.
“Max level” (1 to 4095) – select the maximum reading for the Omnicomm LLS-Ex 5 fuel level sensor. Default value – 4095.
“Filtering” – set the output signal filtration parameters:
- “No”– no filtering is applied, only isolated strong drifts are excluded.
- “Minimum”– the data interval for filtering is approximately 15 seconds. Used for city roads
- “Medium”– the data interval for filtering is approximately 30 seconds. Used for vehicles operating at regular road conditions
- “Maximum”– the data interval for filtering is approximately 5 minutes. Used when vehicles operate at severe road conditions and is not a recommended setting as it may cause delays in fuel readings after a refueling/draining operation
“Automatic data output” – select:
- “Disabled” – no independent data output (without request) is performed
- “Enabled” – independent binary data output
- “Data output interval” (1 to 255 seconds) – set the automatic data output interval
The automatic data output mode may be used only with maximum one Omnicomm LLS 5 sensor connected to one interface.
“Heavy exploitation conditions” mode - switch on to enable additional filtration of measurement values taking into account the rough working conditions.
“Parameters initialization” - displays the accuracy of the calibration results. Possible options:
- “Yes” - the calibration results are correct
- “No” - sensor recalibration is required
“Baud rate” – select the rate for data exchange with external devices. Default value –19,200 bit/s.