SIM Card Inserting
Before SIM card inserting disable PIN request at activation. To this end insert the card in any cell phone and disable PIN request, according to the cell phone operating instruction.
- Using a sharp-pointed object press the button on the terminal front panel. The SIM card holder will eject
- Remove the SIM card holder from the connector slots and insert the SIM card into it with contact pieces up
- Insert the SIM card holder in the connector slots:
Connector Pin Assignment
Omnicomm Light and Smart terminals
|No. of pin
|Name of signal
|Wire colour in cable
|Ground (negative) for power supply
|Universal input 2
|Line B RS-485 LLS
|B RS-485 LLS
|Vehicle power supply voltage
|Universal input 1
|Universal output 1
|Line A RS-485 LLS
|A RS-485 LLS
Protective Insert Placing
The protective insert is placed after SIM cards inserting, setting the terminal and before the connection of mounting cable connector and antennas.
1. Remove protective film from the insert
2. Carefully install the protective insert in the terminal body
Reinstallation of the protective insert is not possible
3. Treat the mounting cable connector wire exit points with silicone sealant or hot-melt glue
Power Supply and Ignition Key
The terminal must be installed inside the vehicle cabin in close proximity to the windshield, side or rear window of the vehicle cabin. Due to the fact that the Terminal has built-in GSM and GLONASS/GPS antennas, it must not be installed under metal surfaces or inside metal boxes, including ones containing the electrical equipment of vehicles.
It is possible to connect an external GLONASS/GPS antenna, which is recommended to install on the roof of the vehicle. The external GLONASS/GPS antenna must be installed on a metal surface. Installation on a non-metallic surface with adhesive fixing on the surface is allowed.
The external GLONASS/GPS antenna may be installed inside the vehicle, in a place providing good access to radio signal from the sky. Inside a vehicle, the antenna must be installed only on a horizontal surface and it is necessary to carry out a check of the reception quality of the GLONASS/GPS satellites.