Fuel level sensors
In the settings open “Inputs” tab.
Select the following values for RS-485 interfaces:
- Off: The interface is not in use.
- Omnicomm LLS/LLD: The interface is used to connect Omnicomm LLS fuel level sensors or Omnicomm LLD fuel volume indicator.
Now refer to “Fuel Level Sensors”:
Data Source: Select the type of fuel level sensors. Here are the available options:
- Digital LLS: This is for Omnicomm LLS fuel level sensors;
- Vehicle Sensor: This is for the vehicle's standard factory fuel sensor;
- CAN Bus: This is for connecting to the CAN bus;
- Off: Select this option if you do not need to monitor your fuel level.
“If you are connecting either Omnicomm LLS or Omnicomm
- Filters: Enter the size of the internal filter you intend to use. Here are the available filter options:
- Filters Off: Filtering is performed only according to the Omnicomm LLS sensor settings;
- Weak: Use it when installing sensors in stationary fuel storage objects or low-mobility equipment;
- Medium: Use it for vehicles that operate under normal road conditions;
- Strong: Use it for vehicles that operate under normal and heavy road conditions;
- Maximum: Use it for vehicles that operate under heavy road conditions and/or when employing a vehicle's default factory fuel sensor with analog output.
Connect the Omnicomm LLS 30160 fuel level sensor according to the figure below: